The 2016 Clean Label Post Conference Magazine provides a summary of key points from speakers at this event. It also publishes the companies selected to give Technology Snapshot presentations on innovative new ingredient technologies.
2016 Clean Label Magazine Table of Contents:
Clean Label Focus: What are Consumers Saying and How is Industry Responding?
– Tom Vierhile, MBA, Innovation Insights Director, Canadean
Clean Labels: Effective Marketing and Avoiding Regulatory Potholes
– Steven B. Steinborn, J.D., Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP
The Chemistry and Application of Natural Flavorings
– Keith Cadwallader, Ph.D., Professor of Food Chemistry, Dept. of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois, Urbana–Champaign
Natural Antimicrobials: Strategies and Considerations for Their Food Use
– Jairus R.D. David, Ph.D., Senior Principal Scientist, Innovation & Research, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
An Industry Insight into Replacing Nitrites and Phosphates in Processed Meats
– Webb Girard, MSc, Culinologist, Culinex, LLC
Conventional to Emerging Natural Sweeteners: Key Properties for Product Applications
– Catalin Moraru, Ph.D., Group Leader, International Food Network, LLC
Free-from at Retail: Lessons and Opportunities
– Carl Jorgensen, MSc, Director, Global Consumer Strategy-Wellness, Daymon Worldwide
The Organic & Non-GMO Supply Chain: What Companies Need to Know to Be Competitive
– Scott Shander, MSc, Economist, Mercaris
Clean Label Trends and Food Colorant Realities
– Winston Boyd, Ph.D., Focus International
“Natural” Hydrocolloids: Physiochemical Properties to Research Initiatives
– Srinivas Janaswamy, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research,
2016 Clean Label Conference Magazine Sponsor Profiles