The 2016 Clean Label Post Conference Magazine provides a summary of key points from speakers at this event. It also publishes the companies selected to give Technology Snapshot presentations on innovative new ingredient technologies.
Table of Contents:
Clean Label Focus: What are Consumers Saying and How is Industry Responding?
– Tom Vierhile, MBA, Innovation Insights Director, Canadean
Clean Labels: Effective Marketing and Avoiding Regulatory Potholes
– Steven B. Steinborn, J.D., Partner, Hogan Lovells US LLP
The Chemistry and Application of Natural Flavorings
– Keith Cadwallader, Ph.D., Professor of Food Chemistry, Dept. of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois, Urbana–Champaign
Natural Antimicrobials: Strategies and Considerations for Their Food Use
– Jairus R.D. David, Ph.D., Senior Principal Scientist, Innovation & Research, ConAgra Foods, Inc.
An Industry Insight into Replacing Nitrites and Phosphates in Processed Meats
– Webb Girard, MSc, Culinologist, Culinex, LLC
Conventional to Emerging Natural Sweeteners: Key Properties for Product Applications
– Catalin Moraru, Ph.D., Group Leader, International Food Network, LLC
Free-from at Retail: Lessons and Opportunities
– Carl Jorgensen, MSc, Director, Global Consumer Strategy-Wellness, Daymon Worldwide
The Organic & Non-GMO Supply Chain: What Companies Need to Know to Be Competitive
– Scott Shander, MSc, Economist, Mercaris
Clean Label Trends and Food Colorant Realities
– Winston Boyd, Ph.D., Focus International
“Natural” Hydrocolloids: Physiochemical Properties to Research Initiatives
– Srinivas Janaswamy, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research,
2016 Clean Label Conference Magazine Sponsor Profiles