The 2020 Clean Label Post Conference Magazine provides a summary of key points from speakers at this event. It also publishes the companies selected to give Technology Snapshot presentations on innovative new ingredient technologies.
Table of Contents:
- Clean Label: Shifting Consumer Perceptions and Evolving Innovation
The concept of “clean label” moves from vilified ingredients to a celebration of goodness.
– Lynn Dornblaser, Director of Innovation & Insight, Mintel.
- Successes & Challenges of Clean Label in Food and Beverage: An Industry Perspective
In providing clean label transparency, the entire food portfolio must be considered.
– Philippe Rousset, Ph.D., White Coffee and Creamers Technology Lead, Global Clean Label Strategic Network Leader, Nestlé Product Technology Center Beverage
- Customized Chemical Risk Assessment
A risk-based process to identify food pesticides, heavy metals and other contaminants in foods.
– Grace Bandong, MSc, Global Scientific Strategy Leader, Contaminants, Eurofins Food Integrity and Innovations
- Rethinking Formulation Approaches for Simplified Ingredient Statement & Cleaner Labels
Approaches & alternatives to reformulate traditional processed foods into clean label products.
– Webb Girard, MSc, Director of Technology, CuliNex, LLC
- Hydrocolloids: Clean Label Tools for Plant-Based Formulating
Hydrocolloids’ role in solving issues when plant-based replace traditional protein sources.
– Nesha Zalesny, MBA, Technical Consultant, IMR International
- Hurdle Technology: Multifactorial Food Preservation for High Quality Foods
The “hurdle” concept uses ingredient, processing and other barriers to inhibit microbial growth.
– Jairus R. David, Ph.D., Principal Consultant, JRD Food Technology Consulting, LLC
- Innovative Clean Label Ingredient Replacement Technologies for Baked Goods
Clean label and natural baking are becoming a key focus for the industry.
– Lin Carson, Ph.D., CEO & Founder, BAKERpedia
- Innovations in Dairy Based Ingredients for Clean Label Solutions
Dairy ingredients’ unique functionalities assist clean label formulations.
– Rohit Kapoor, Ph.D., Vice President, Product Research, National Dairy Council
- Clean Label Conference Magazine Sponsor Profiles